Hello, In inferno acme I've edited /acme/edit/guide, so one line is e '.b:0,$' | x '/^[a-z]*\([a-zA-Z,: ]*\)[a-z :]+{\n/' | ./p -n This gives me a clickable list of all the functions in limbo files I have open. Also in the same file is e 'Errors:0,$' | c'' which clears the window I just made with all the function names. You can do similiar things with plan 9 acme and I'd actually be curious to see the contents of anybody else guide file. Abhey > > From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell > Date: 27 March 2006 23:18:04 BST > To: 9fans Mailing list <9fans@cse.psu.edu> > Subject: [9fans] something like cscope/cbrowser? > Reply-To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu> > > > Hi, > > it's not a plan9-only question... but here read many developers with > expertise. At work, dealing with big amounts of code (most of them > unknown to me), I've found the pair "cscope" and "cbrowser" really > helpful, even with C++ code. I'm wondering what do you usually use. > I likely want to avoid beliving every developer using plan9 uses acme > with greps in it. :) > > btw, even vim is always my editor, cbrowser and acme made me > acknowledge that using keys for coding is not faster than using mostly > a mouse acme-style. > > Thanks in advance, > Lluís > >