* [9fans] Questions about translating Plan 9 license
@ 2002-05-11 11:26 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-05-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello friends,
I want to translate Plan 9 documentation into russian and create
web-project, which will include these and other russian translations.
I have found a person, who can translate PLAN 9 OPEN SOURCE LICENSE
AGREEMENT.
But she (this person) have some questions about translating:
1. When she work on translation licenses, as a rule, she appears
questions to author (developer) this license, in respect of special
term and miscellaneous in particular. In this instance to whom she
will be able to address from Lucent Technologies with similar questions?
2. As you know, translations GNU GPL are unofficial. What status will
get this translation.

--
regards,
-ask

* [9fans] Re: [hangar18-general] Re: Questions about translating Plan 9 license
@ 2002-05-13 14:35 Pavel Mihaylov
From: Pavel Mihaylov @ 2002-05-13 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> I could/would certainly be interested in starting a mailing list to
>> handle translations of Open Source material (not just Plan 9). This
>> sounds like a good way to prime the pump to me.
>
> Why not use babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) to do a sort
> of alpha version of a translation to get started, and you could post
> it, and people could be amused and then submit corrections and the
> document could

Good idea. Much better results will be achieved with
http://translation2.paralink.com as babelfish's idea of Russian is very
poor.

Regards,
Pavel