* [9fans] Installing '9...whats the dir of the archive?
@ 2001-09-25  8:36 G
From: G @ 2001-09-25  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I was installing 9 last night and it asked for the location of the
archive (plan9.9gz).  This is stupid but, what *is* the dir?  Also, in
the help file (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/install.html),
partdisk detects the CDR drive.  I'm using a standard CDROM, is it
supposed to show up or am I ok?

Thanks for any help with these trivial questions.

* Re: [9fans] Installing '9...whats the dir of the archive?
@ 2001-09-25 17:46 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-09-25 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I was installing 9 last night and it asked for the location of the
> archive (plan9.9gz).  This is stupid but, what *is* the dir?  Also, in

Where did you put it when you downloaded it?
If you're working off a CD, it should be on the CD.
Use the browse option to look around the disk
you selected.

Russ