* [9fans] Out of memory error?
@ 2001-09-26 10:29 G
From: G @ 2001-09-26 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I recently got past my archive error, and now have a new problem.  The
docs say it needs 32mb of RAM to install.  I have 64 and it keeps
telling me "No Physical Memory" when I run unpack.  Why is thing
happening?!

Thanks again....

* Re: [9fans] Out of memory error?
@ 2001-09-26 11:43 ` Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-09-26 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i am guessing that you are building a standalone system.
so during the initial install did you create a swap partition?
if so make sure that you have swap turned on. 'swap(8)' or
better yet bump up the memory to 128M.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] Out of memory error?
@ 2001-09-27 11:04   ` G
From: G @ 2001-09-27 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The install made a swap for me, if I remember correctly.  I was just
thinking about this before I went to bed this morning, and I thought
perhaps it was too small (9 only made the swap 10mb).  So, I'm going
to bump the swap file to 34mb and see what happens.  Thanks for the
reply.

Gavin