I went all in on my first foray, and set up discrete fs + auth + cpu + terms, it was fun but wholly unnecessary. Eventually I settled into fs/auth on one, and a cpu server on the side with drawterm/terms. This was all 9front, which has some niceties for networked setups, including cpu listeners for fs/auth to maintain without needing serial/gui/ssh access. > On Oct 15, 2021, at 10:31 AM, joseph turco wrote: > >  > Thank you to both of you for the responses. I guess getting deep into the man pages is how I'll have to go about running things. I'm actually considering taking the OS off my pi, and loading it onto the desktop I have as a CPU/file server. I can get legacy9 to boot on it, I just need to figure out how to get it to work and connect the pi via TCP. I also have though of just leaving the running system on my pi, also load it on the old desktop, and just have both boxes talk to each other. The first idea sounds more fun but I'm unsure. > >> On Fri, Oct 15, 2021, 10:09 AM sirjofri wrote: >> >> 15.10.2021 15:05:25 Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir : >> >> > A few useful links to get started: >> >> To add more infos for community stuff and more: >> >> (Of course, read as much as possible, the man pages, wiki, fqa, articles, >> papers, .... My notes here are just for you to get a small overview of >> the community.) >> >> In general, you'll notice that the bubble is quite small. You'll see the >> same people hanging around and actually meet with people rather than >> writing as an anonymous person to other anonymous persons. I was active >> for less than a month and people started recognizing me. >> >> Here are places people hang out and discuss stuff: >> >> Mailing lists. There are few of them. The 9fans mailing list (here), I >> won't say anything about it (you are already here). >> >> There's also the 9front mailing list for 9front-specific topics (9front >> is a fork); as well as the inferno mailing list. >> >> For chatting there are multiple channels: >> >> The 9fans discord server [1] if you prefer modern apps. We have a voice >> chat and some channels, as well as a bot. Some of the channels are >> bridged to a matrix channel and (through that) to the ##9fans irc on >> oftc. >> >> The ##9fans oftc (actually multiple channels) channels. >> >> The #cat-v channel on oftc is often used for 9front discussion (and cat-v >> discussion). >> >> 9p.zone (which is also the web page) has its own chat system known as >> gridchat (short: grid). It's a 9p filesystem you can import into your >> system and read-write the files there. There are some very special people >> there who don't usually hang out in the other community channels. >> >> In general you'll meet many people in multiple channels depending on >> their preference. You can ask your questions everywhere and hopefully >> they'll be answered. >> >> Welcome to the community! >> >> sirjofri >> >> --- >> [1] https://discord.gg/AMDKS4wdVR > > 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T4e8989ee42951fa0-M68a8c87db63662c4298b76ad Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription