* [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-12 16:43 Philip Dye
From: Philip Dye @ 2007-03-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I would like to submit a patch but attempts to connect to /n/sources
times out.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

- philip

* Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-12 16:57 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-03-12 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is anyone else experiencing this ?

yes.

* Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-12 20:53   ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-03-12 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sources is back up with files as of Mar 9 00:00.

We had accidentally filled the venti arenas by copying new 9.tgz and
plan9.tar.bz2 into /n/sources/extra each night without the temporary
bit set (chmod +t).  That's now fixed and we've added a third arena
partition.

The sources fossil was damaged, so we reinitialised it from the Mar 9
00:00 dump.  Any patches or contributions submitted after that time
should be resubmitted.  Sorry.

* Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-13 22:48     ` Benn Newman
From: Benn Newman @ 2007-03-13 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

While sources is up, the sources website is still down.

As an example of how terrible this is, Donald Knuth cannot read the
semi-humorous README file I wrote about using the Computer Modern
typeface with troff(1).

<http://cm.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/btdn/lib/cm/README>
--
Benn Newman

@ 2007-03-14  4:36       ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2007-03-14  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> While sources is up, the sources website is still down.
>
> As an example of how terrible this is, Donald Knuth cannot read the
> semi-humorous README file I wrote about using the Computer Modern
> typeface with troff(1).
>
> <http://cm.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/btdn/lib/cm/README>

Yep.  I get:

	term% hget http://cm.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/btdn/lib/cm/README | htmlfmt
	hget: Server choked

++L

* Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-14 20:19         ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-03-14 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

web access to sources from the outside is working again.  Every time
be have to restart sources, we learn something new, painfully.

* Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
@ 2007-03-14 20:25           ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-03-14 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks, geoff.

- erik

@ 2007-03-14 20:25           ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2007-03-14 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

May I ask which one was the lesson learned, this time?

@ 2007-03-14 20:53             ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-03-14 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's pretty much the same lesson as last time: using multiple
authentication domains is confusing.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3843 bytes --]

From: "Francisco J Ballesteros" <nemo@lsub.org>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] /n/sources timeout
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:25:54 +0100

@ 2007-03-12 16:10 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-03-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 3/12/07, Philip Dye <philip.dye@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> I would like to submit a patch but attempts to connect to /n/sources
> times out.

Sources is sick.  Not sure why.

Russ

* [9fans] /n/sources timeout