* [9fans] abaco
@ 2005-10-24  2:09 Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2005-10-24  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've made a lot of changes to abaco:

some of the changes are:
	long pages problem solved,
	<pre> rendering,
	justified and indented text,
	check and radio buttons work now,
	a lot of code cleanup.

I don't know if I'm making too much noise,
so if you want to know when big changes happen
please mail me privately, I'll let you know.

Federico G.Benavento

---
/bin/fortune:
The barracuda sleeps at sundown.

* Re: [9fans] abaco
@ 2005-10-24  2:16 ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2005-10-24  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2005/10/23, Federico G. Benavento <benavento@gmail.com>:
> I've made a lot of changes to abaco:
>
> some of the changes are:
>         long pages problem solved,
>         <pre> rendering,
>         justified and indented text,
>         check and radio buttons work now,
>         a lot of code cleanup.
>
> I don't know if I'm making too much noise,
> so if you want to know when big changes happen
> please mail me privately, I'll let you know.

I'd be interested in getting more information as you progress with this.

@ 2005-10-24 15:19 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2005-10-24 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Federico G. Benavento wrote:
> I've made a lot of changes to abaco:
>
> some of the changes are:
> 	long pages problem solved,
> 	<pre> rendering,
> 	justified and indented text,
> 	check and radio buttons work now,
> 	a lot of code cleanup.
>
> I don't know if I'm making too much noise,
> so if you want to know when big changes happen
> please mail me privately, I'll let you know.

you are NOT making too much noise!

you're writing something people have wanted. I am glad to see this
happening!

ron

* Re: [9fans] abaco
@ 2005-10-24 18:58   ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2005-10-24 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2005/10/24, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>:
> Federico G. Benavento wrote:
> > I've made a lot of changes to abaco:
> >
> > some of the changes are:
> >       long pages problem solved,
> >       <pre> rendering,
> >       justified and indented text,
> >       check and radio buttons work now,
> >       a lot of code cleanup.
> >
> > I don't know if I'm making too much noise,
> > so if you want to know when big changes happen
> > please mail me privately, I'll let you know.
>
> you are NOT making too much noise!
>
> you're writing something people have wanted. I am glad to see this
> happening!
>
> ron

Amen.
-D

* Re: [9fans] abaco
@ 2005-11-01  3:33   ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2005-11-01  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for updating abaco.
Now I can plumb from my top page to our other relatively
referenced URL pages!

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4694 bytes --]

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <devon.odell@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] abaco
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:16:47 -0700

@ 2006-03-10 23:50 ` uriel
From: uriel @ 2006-03-10 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> are there any paches needed to run abaco? i'm having a lot of trouble with
> it hanging when reading images. it seems that there's a display locking
> problem.
The latest abaco-test.tgz works fine here, just make sure to follow
the instructions in the README to patch libhtml and add the password
font.  There have been problems with some gif and png images in the
past, but Steve fixed the most common problems.

Not mentioned in the README is to touch /usr/$user/lib/webcookies to
enable cookies, not having that file can cause strange problems
sometimes.

fgb is on holidays and without access to a Plan 9 system, he promised
to upload the latest abaco version before leaving, but apparently he
was too drunk to do so.

uriel

* [9fans] abaco
@ 2006-03-10 15:22 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-03-10 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

are there any paches needed to run abaco? i'm having a lot of trouble with
it hanging when reading images. it seems that there's a display locking
problem.

- erik