* [9fans] Help with device and clone?
@ 2008-12-18  5:49 Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2008-12-18  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I really am getting to the deep guts of dev.c and chan.c here in
debugging why when ip/ipconfig tries to open /net/ether0/clone, it's
getting Enotfound. From my latest commit:

Fix some stuff with the ether controller attaching. It attaches now, but for
some reason clone screws up. I have no idea why; domount is failing to work
in 9vx/a/chan.c when we are doing the walk over the path which in turn causes
us to try to find the file in rootgen instead of going to the other side of
the mount and looking for it in /ether0/clone. Help?

It's entirely possible (and almost entirely clear) that I'm missing
something obvious, but I'm not sure what it is. The virtual device is
at http://testbed.dh0.us:8000/file/dfc493421329/src/9vx/etherve.c for
the current revision -- feel free to browse around or clone my repo.
I'm going to sleep now, but any help would be appreciated.

--dho