* [9fans] Installing and partitioning for plan9
@ 2006-05-04 22:48 Lluís Batlle i Rossell
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell @ 2006-05-04 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I did my first installation of plan9 on real hardware (not qemu), and I
found that the plan9 fdisk "broke" my partitions. I had some partitions,
one of them was an Extended Partition (as Linux fdisk names). The
partitions were not sorted according to disk layout. The first partition
was after the second one, for example.

The plan9 fdisk, first, sorted the partitions according to disk layout
(then, in Linux, in the same HD, the contents of /etc/fstab didn't match
at all).

Secondly, the plan9 fdisk changed the Extended Partition to "Win 95
Extended" (according to Linux fdisk naming). The partitions in the
extended partition can still be seen, but according to a reiserfsck, the
partition size of one of them had changed.

It's a pity that I don't have a copy of the old partition table to
compare concretely...

Is that the expected behaviour of plan9 fdisk?

Thanks,
Lluís