I use a a PII 400Mhz laptop at home which I dual boot NT4.0 and Plan9 on. I use a 3Com 3c589 10BaseT Ether PCMCIA. Web browsing, you can use mothra (very small but very few features), or load inferno and run charon - which is pretty complete these days, no flash or realplayer though. The disk layout sounds OK, Plan9 cannot access NTFS partitions (correct me if I'am wrong) but it cann modify your c: fat so you get a blue-screen boot option for plan9, and it will read/write files on the C: partition so you can pass data to win2K. Alternatively you could use vmware though that costs. -Steve (with a minus :-)