From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] usb serial on raspberry pi (again)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:15:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have tried the usb->serial adapters I could find lying around the office.

Using the code you sent me, not the very latest from sources.

The FTDI chips we use in our products work fine
	ep13.0 255 csp 0x0000ff vid 0x10c4 did 0xea60 'Silicon Labs' 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' dwcotg
These are Silabs cp2102 (https://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/CP2102-9.pdf)

A cheap chinese, no-name FTDI adapter also works nicely
	255 csp 0xffffff vid 0x0403 did 0x6001 FTDI 'USB Serial Converter' dwcotg

I have a "Ugreen" branded prolific usb/serial adapter which also works, it is not autodetected
but running usb/serial creates and endpoint which works.
	ep12.0 255 csp 0x0000ff vid 0x067b did 0x2303 none <nil> dwcotg

I also have a dual channel prolific adapter and this doesn't work but I couldn't make it work with
windows either so its either very strange or baybe its just fried.
	ep6.0 hub csp 0x000009 ports 4 none <nil> dwcotg
	ep12.0 hub csp 0x000009 ports 4 none <nil> dwcotg

My USB network adapter is a KY-88772a (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hcy5f9c2TXE/maxresdefault.jpg)
which works quite well but seems to get confused somtimes and needs to be reset.

I have not worked out what provokes it but I think (educated guess only) entering
promiscuous mode makes it unhappy.

Thanks very much for all your help,

-Steve