* [9fans] man is really slow on a terminal
@ 2008-01-16 18:19 john
From: john @ 2008-01-16 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been using a nice speedy machine with lots of ram and a fast network interface as
a terminal, pulling root off a Plan 9 server in the next room. Everything works fine,
applications load pretty much immediately, but when I try to read a man page, it
takes forever to print the manual. Although man is pretty slow even when connected
via drawterm, that's nothing compared to the way my terminal is acting. Is there
something with the way man pages are looked up that is slowing stuff down? That
and the really poor performance that comes when I have overlapping windows and
try to bring one forward are the only things that are bugging me on the terminal.

John