From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9 Atom - installation troubles
Date: Sat,  6 Dec 2014 10:53:27 -0800	[thread overview]

> I have different priorities and somebody needs to pick up the garbage
> sometimes.  I'm being paid (just-just enough to keep me from having to
> migrate back to a big city) to build some weaponry so spamming is a
> little less rewarding.  Plan 9 is an excellent platform to develop on
> and using Go means I can deliver the result on any platform my
> principals may pick.

sure.   don't know how to make spamming less rewarding than the email
never being delivered.  and spam levels are dropping >10% this year.
(http://www.symantec.com/security_response/publications/threatreport.jsp
by the way web-based attacks are up 20%.)

i approach it this way because startin' an alice's resturant anti-spam movement
with four part harmony and full orchestration just ain't going to cut it.  ya just
can't sing loud enough.

imho, to get at the problem, an automated, distributed set of shovels and
rakes and implements of destruction that's fairly resistant to counter attack
(and officer oppie) that targets the money trail is needed. and even then,
there's a dependency on a lack of corruption in banking, proving in court
that the spam was illegal, and the offer was a scam.  not to mention the host
government recognizing the issue, blind justice,  and the dump not being
closed on thanksgiving.

i don't think i can out-money, out-idea the folk already in the fight.
i think i'll just go off and have myself another thanksgiving dinner that
can't be beat....

- erik