re git frowned upon. i think git is frowned upon because porting it would be a massive effort due to its many dependencies, whist python has been ported and mercurial just works. -Steve > On 13 Feb 2018, at 23:37, Rui Carmo wrote: > > > >>> On 13 Feb 2018, at 19:10, Kurt H Maier wrote: >>> >>> For using QEMU’s virtualization features inside Hyper-V. >> >> If Hyper-V is still capable of running Xen guests, you may want to look >> at the code on sources for a start in that direction. That way you >> could skip linux altogether and just use the platform natively. > > I would very much like to do that. Marshaling the time to get Plan9 running on Azure would be nice, but first I need to learn enough about the internals by building the system for a platform that is already supported and that I can experiment on easily (like the Pi 3). > > Also, it would have to be 64-bit, which would be an added challenge. I’d rather start with ARM and cross-compile, which I’ve been doing for Android for a few years now (can’t be much different even with the relatively ancient^Wsimpler C compilers). > > Baby steps. And for me, one of those steps is setting up a DVCS (probably Mercurial, because even if I’ve left it for git seven or so years ago I’d like to give the opportunity for others to contribute, and git seems to be frowned upon here), having good tracking (and backtracking) of my experiments, and a reproducible build system that has no human intervention (so that I don’t introduce any mistakes). > > Oh, and finding the time. > > R.