From: Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] vms
Date: Fri,  8 Jan 2010 01:12:41 -0600	[thread overview]

No, I'm not suggesting VAX/VMS on this channel::

	Though I really enjoyed working on VAX Forth-sim/VMS so way-
	back that the wayback machine at web.archive.org can't find it.
	If brucee could track down the creator in Australia I'd be
	much obliged.  He worked for DEC of course, I might have some
	paper trail to dig up if that would help.  But be warned,
	it's BITNET email addresses and some physical locations that
	most likely don't exist anymore. I'm fairly certain that my old
	tape backups are no longer viable.

Anyway... I was just trying reconstruct a couple of my semi-defunct
VMware images when I sadly ran across "Glenda'OS Light".  No, it's not
a nice image of Plan 9, but yet another distro that makes the phrase
"death before disco" more than apt.  So what I'm thinking is: we've
got all these various constructions of Plan 9 and Inferno out there,
including Ron's nice *inux images, but there's not a single searchable
site that provides a quick reference release that would give us inroads
to all the /other/ operating systems available these days.  Is the plan9
wiki page on vm installation the best place to approach this?  Or should
we encourage something that puts Plan 9 and Inferno images out into the
general audience on all the different sites so that there's something
that can always be updated?

-jas