* [9fans] Wasn't there an mplayer port?
@ 2010-07-10 21:35 Ethan Grammatikidis
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2010-07-10 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I was sure I once ran mplayer under Plan 9, but when I told jumzi it
existed, jumzi ran a search on contrib and came up with nothing. Am I
imagining the mplayer port?

* Re: [9fans] Wasn't there an mplayer port?
@ 2010-07-10 21:47 ` bjartur
From: bjartur @ 2010-07-10 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ethan Grammatikidis; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://ninetimes.cat-v.org/news/2009/09/07/0-mplayer9/

* Re: [9fans] Wasn't there an mplayer port?
@ 2010-07-10 21:58 ` anonymous
From: anonymous @ 2010-07-10 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:35:13PM +0100, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> I was sure I once ran mplayer under Plan 9, but when I told jumzi it
> existed, jumzi ran a search on contrib and came up with nothing. Am
> I imagining the mplayer port?

I have seen mplayer port in some Plan 9 related blog.  There were
screenshot with Plan 9 from Outer Space playing in mplayer.  Don't
know where you can get it.

* Re: [9fans] Wasn't there an mplayer port?
@ 2010-07-10 22:10 ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-07-10 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Are you talking about playing mplayer in linuxemu?
It's obviously in linux, and certainly do-able in
linuxemu (thanks to cinap!)

@ 2010-07-11  9:40   ` Mathieu Lonjaret
From: Mathieu Lonjaret @ 2010-07-11  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

and to illustrate that point:
http://ninetimes.cat-v.org/news/2009/09/07/0-mplayer9/

@ 2010-07-11 13:23     ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2010-07-11 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 11 Jul 2010, at 10:40, Mathieu Lonjaret wrote:

> and to illustrate that point:
> http://ninetimes.cat-v.org/news/2009/09/07/0-mplayer9/
>
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Akshat Kumar
> <akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net> wrote:
>> Are you talking about playing mplayer in linuxemu?
>> It's obviously in linux, and certainly do-able in
>> linuxemu (thanks to cinap!)

That must have been it. Cheers guys, sorry for the noise.