Ugh, I know. It caused Judy arrays to segfault a lot. >From my personal experience, Clang does *not* have this problem. On June 15, 2015 3:21:56 AM CDT, Charles Forsyth wrote: >If you're using gcc 4.8.2 to compile ... anything, really ... but >certainly >Plan 9 or Inferno components, >and those use for loops with arrays, be sure to include the compilation >options >-fno-strict-aliasing\ >-fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations\ >and it will save you some time and effort. >It will save compilation time (not that you'll notice with that >sluggard) >because it won't >fuss even more with your program, and it will save effort, because you >won't have >to debug simple loops that have bounds changed, are removed completely, >or >otherwise wrecked. >You can find discussions of it elsewhere (which is how I found compiler >options to stop it). >I'd forgotten all about it until it surfaced again. -- Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.