If all you want to do is try plan9 out, you can install it in a VM such as qemu, virtualbox or vmware. If you like it enough that you want to contribute to it, it's probably better to start with developing user-level apps rather than dive straight into the kernel. 2010/12/14 Bodó Abel > Greetings, > > Again. If i understood the answer correctly (in which I'm not sure > because I couldn't figure out if it was about the official release > from 2002 or atom) many of the hardware I wish to use have no > compatibility with plan9. Then what should I do? I mean, if i have to > create my own drivers, where do I start? If this mailing list is not > the place to be for my questions (being too basic and annoying), just > say so, but I have really no other idea where to get help from (with > this problem of mine), so if that's the case, could you please give me > some advice about that (meaning where to get help)? > And about the foxconn L S-36, its some custom dell motherboard ripped > out of a factory setup hardware, and I guess I'll check the chipsets > in it, and ask about that when I'll have the chance to check it. > > Still, thanks for your help > Abel A. Bodoo > > > > - intel SE7505vb2 motherboard (integrated ethernet ports, SATA etc.) > > > ethernet should work. i'm not sure about the sata. early > intel sata was a problem. > > > - ibm x335 (default hdd backplane /hot swap/, ethernet ports, nvidia > > quadro nvs280 (not integrated) ) > > > lsi 1068e sas not supported. > > tg3 ethernet not supported. > > > - foxconn L S-36 (SATA, ethernet ports, etc.) > > > i don't know what this is. > > > - erik > >