I meant my understanding was that Sun's compiler is a C++ compiler. As Lyndon points out, C is a subset. I may be wrong, but it can't possibly hurt to leave it in. Any c++ compiler should be able to compile it. On Aug 20, 2010 6:00 PM, "Lyndon Nerenberg" wrote: >>> Should any program which can run under p9p and plan9 ever be compiled with >>> g++ or another c++ compilers? Otherwise is it necessary to check for >>> __cplusplus? > > C is a subset of C++, so a C++ program can validly include native C code. >