From: Eugene Gorodinsky <e.gorodinsky@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: [9fans] Errors trying to install plan9
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:14:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi list!
I've been trying to install plan9 today, on a qemu vm. When trying to
install from local the installer seems unable to find quite a few files in
plan9's src directory. It seems there's some problem with the cdimage. I
tried booting from the floppy image, but got stuck at the point where one
needs to enter boot media (it seems I need something of the form fd0!file,
but I have no idea what file needs to be specified)

Also, when trying to install in qemu from net, the installer cannot
autoconfigure network from dhcp, and doesn't work on manual configuration
either (I tried 10.0.2.1 for gateway, 10.0.2.15 for ip and 255.255.255.0 for
netmask, which should be the correct qemu settings). The boot prompt
indicates that the virtual network card has been found, though. Has anyone
tried to do a netinstall of plan9 in qemu?