Does inferno have support for (a) webcam(s)? Or are you using linux for capturing things from the webcam? On Feb 25, 2011 9:14 AM, "Jack Norton" wrote: > Jason Dreisbach wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> Can anyone help shed some light in my search for a "low power" minimal >> plan 9 hardware setup to start experimenting with. Has anyone had >> success running plan 9 on a Fit PC (the only atom box we have access to)? >> >> Gumstix would be ideal, but their plan 9 support is a bit half baked >> right now. Wireless support would be a huge plus. >> >> We are trying to do a bit of research into robotic applications of plan >> 9. The p9 filesystem protocol seems like a real neat method to acquire >> resources of nearby "bots". Allowing for very minimal, modularized robot >> configurations. >> >> Any tips? Am I out of my mind? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Jason > > Jason, > > I am currently attempting a little ROV using some 9p for control, but I > am using inferno hosted on linux. That might be the quicker way to get > your 'bots speaking 9p. I am doing this because right off the bat I > need a webcam. I also need to prototype this very quickly so mucking > about in hardware drivers and OS nuances is not an option. > Sounds like fun! I'm curious what you come up with! > > -Jack >