* [9fans] Streaming 9P is out
@ 2011-01-08  7:24 John Floren
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Floren @ 2011-01-08  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ok, now that the thesis is signed, I feel ready to release my work on
streaming for 9P, as outlined in my talk at IWP9; things have changed
a lot since that talk, but the general idea remains the same. The
repository at https://bitbucket.org/floren/tstream/ contains my code
and the thesis documents. I used divergefs to keep my root clean, so
that's what's distributed--use divergefs to mount the sys/ in my repo
over the /sys on your fs, and you'll probably also want to set up a
/386 divergefs mount too.

I forgot to add my modified cp, and I'd add it but I'm on a bad wifi
connection that seems to be giving hg a bad time. There is a modified
exportfs in /sys/src/cmd/exportfs, and really it's not that hard to
modify user programs like cp to do streaming, it's all explained in
the thesis document. When I get a better connection I'll add the
streaming cp to the repo anyway.

Anyway, it's far from perfect, but any comments, patches, or
suggestions are appreciated.

John