* [9fans] usb flash drive problem
@ 2010-08-12 18:23 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-08-12 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

when I plug in my flash drive and write usbfat: I can see there exists
/dev/sdU3.0 directory which I can list giving me
ctl
data
raw

However, 'data' is not a directory into which I could cd...
What's wrong?

Also, although I have usbfat: command on hand, I don't have usbeject
command; not even after pull...

Thanks for any advices on how I could use the flash.

Ruda

* Re: [9fans] usb flash drive problem
@ 2010-08-12 18:48 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-08-12 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> when I plug in my flash drive and write usbfat: I can see there exists
> /dev/sdU3.0 directory which I can list giving me
> ctl
> data
> raw
>
> However, 'data' is not a directory into which I could cd...
> What's wrong?

data is never a directory.  it's the partition representing
the whole disk.  data exists iff nsectors > 0.

usbfat: finds the first fat fs on each usb disk and mounts
it in /n/sdU*.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] usb flash drive problem
@ 2010-08-13  7:48   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-08-13  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> usbfat: finds the first fat fs on each usb disk and mounts
> it in /n/sdU*.
>
> - erik

thanks for explanation. It works now (but I had to recompile the kernel).