Hi, In 9P, if I wish to list a directory, I need to TWalk to the directory, TOpen the directory fid from the walk, and then TRead till I have all of the contents of the directory. If the directory's contents do not fit in a single read, I imagine I need to loop around TOpen / Tread / .... / Tread / TOpen, till I get the whole contents and see the same QIDs in each open, to get a coherent listing. (is this accurate?) Unfortunately, a TOpened FID to a directory cannot be used for walking it (why?); so the only use of a TOpened fid to a directory is to list it or to get a QID. Would it be reasonable for a TOpened fid to a directory to create a copy of the directory listing at the time of the RPC? -- vs