On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:24 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > having very strange behavior of /tmp after a failed contrib/install. > > sounds like magic. what is the behavior? > > getting "clone failed" when doing "ls" from a cwd of /tmp. I ended up just firing up another ramfs to move on. It looks like X11 is now installing via contrib after some manual cleanup in /dist/replica of X11 and the client subdir's X11 files. I don't honestly know what happened during the very first attempt. Could have been a network interruption I suppose, but it's difficult to tell. Dave > - erik > >