From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Noob says Hi ..
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:38:24 -0700	[thread overview]

When you boot the live cd you'll have a pretty good idea whether your
system is supported -- if things are OK you'll get to a gui with
installation information. You'll be able to figure out whether you
want to try it or not even before you get to the hard drive
partitioning :)

There's no 'other plan9', WYSIWYG. There's another installation cd
with slightly more supported hardware called '9atom'. You can try that
if the current one doesn't work.

Failing the CD path, you can download 9vx and try the full Plan 9
environment hosted on your normal OS.

cheers