Thank you for answering the question. Let me explain my point of view on the exchange. I worked for a company in Birmingham AL for about 6 years from Seattle. I had Birmingham insurance, Birmingham HR people etc, but I was remote. I thought perhaps it was not clear if one could be a satellite employee for one of those offices or not. I felt that when you basically cut and pasted your response to me, that you were irritated by my question and answering me in a rude way. I was not trying to troll the thread, but now it may appear to be the opposite. I have a lot of respect for what you guys have done with Plan 9 and AOE, and think it's an interesting business, but suddenly I felt that perhaps I wouldn't have a compatible personality with the boss. Anyway, I'd like to reboot the discussion, but it's in the archives now :-). I do wish you, very sincerely, to have continued success with your business. Dave On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Brantley Coile wrote: > i'm sorry. those who are not in silicon valley or northeast georgia will > have to relocate. > > On Oct 25, 2010, at 11:30 AM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > That's actually not an answer but whatever... I guess I don't actually > care. > > > > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Brantley Coile > wrote: > > the positions are in redwood city, ca and athens, ga. > > > > On Oct 25, 2010, at 11:17 AM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > > > Brantley, > > > > > > I'm asking publicly because I'm betting it's a FAQ. Do you consider > remote employees as a possibility, or do you require relocation? > > > > > > Dave > > > > > > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Brantley Coile > wrote: > > > hi guys, > > > > > > as most on this list know, coraid makes storage devices that use plan 9 > as the software platform. we also use it as our primary development > environment. we still run a ken file server here. plan 9 is fundamental to > our vision. coraid has become a hot silicon valley property and we are > about to start another round of hiring developers. i knew it would be a > disservice to this mailing list if i didn't make an announcement here. > > > > > > developers, qa, and support folks can work either in redwood city, ca > or athens, ga. there are the usual up and coming silicon valley startup > stock options. and in athens, you don't have to pay those silicon valley > prices for housing and beer. athens is very affordable on both these > counts, especially the beer as anyone who attended the 2009 iwp9 will > attest. > > > > > > i hope we're creating a place that i would have wanted to work. it's > not every place that you can work with plan 9, get paid for it and > participate in a high potential start-up. > > > > > > please send resume's to me. > > > > > > brantley > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >