* [9fans] if only it had a tad more memory ...
@ 2010-05-14 22:24 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-05-14 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xchip-direct.html

But it's still pretty neat.

ron

* Re: [9fans] if only it had a tad more memory ...
@ 2010-05-14 23:40 ` EBo
From: EBo @ 2010-05-14 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xchip-direct.html

> But it's still pretty neat.

How much more memory do you need?

It supposedly has 256K (which seems a lot for this type of app).  I
noticed that they provide the Gerber file, schematic and assembly diagrams,
and probably everything needed to seriously hack the thing if you cannot
bend the chip and/or PIO lines to your will.

  EBo --

* Re: [9fans] if only it had a tad more memory ...
@ 2010-05-15  1:57   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2010-05-15  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM, EBo <ebo@sandien.com> wrote:

> http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xchip-direct.html
> >
> > But it's still pretty neat.
>
> How much more memory do you need?
>
> It supposedly has 256K (which seems a lot for this type of app).  I
> noticed that they provide the Gerber file, schematic and assembly diagrams,
> and probably everything needed to seriously hack the thing if you cannot
> bend the chip and/or PIO lines to your will.
>
>  EBo --

It's not running linux I take it :-)

Dave

* Re: [9fans] if only it had a tad more memory ...
@ 2010-05-15  2:01     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-05-15  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > It supposedly has 256K (which seems a lot for this type of app).  I
> > noticed that they provide the Gerber file, schematic and assembly diagrams,
> > and probably everything needed to seriously hack the thing if you cannot
> > bend the chip and/or PIO lines to your will.
> >
> It's not running linux I take it :-)

i wouldn't know what to do with it.  it's not enough to run
plan 9 or even inferno.  at 100mbit, you can't do packet filtering or anything
like that.

what would one use it for?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] if only it had a tad more memory ...
@ 2010-05-15 22:18       ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2010-05-15 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs