Ok, now I have to google for guruplugs... On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > thank you! > > the two guruplugs i had ordered arrived today. i was disappoint to > find that i'll need to order the JTAG board before i can do anything. > i didn't see this requirement when i ordered them over a month ago. > did anyone else miss this? > > > The kw port now supports the Guruplug Server Plus, including both > > Ethernet interfaces, and probably the other Guruplugs. booting(8) now > > has the necessary instructions to get started. They are more diverse > > than one might like because every version of u-boot we get for a new > > board seems to have had the dhcp, bootp and tftp commands tinkered > > with to behave slightly differently. We have two Guruplugs and one > > has been stable but the other is prone to random resets (and runs much > > warmer than the Sheevaplugs). I'd be interested in hearing from > > anyone else who sees random resets. > > > > I've imported the flash memory support from native Inferno, other than > > the flash translation layer, which was developed for nor flash and is > > suspect with nand flash. flash(3) describes the interface. It seems > > to work on the Kirkwood boards, but I haven't exercised it > > extensively. It does implement software ECC. /dev/flash looks like > > it always returns zero bytes on the igepv2 board, but lack of > > documentation makes it a little hard to tell what to expect. > > >