* [9fans] p9p 9term problem
@ 2011-01-26 12:21 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2011-01-26 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

in linux I often start programs from a terminal running bash like this
; (program &)
which somehow achieves to run the program in the background and the
program further survives the terminal's end.

When I write the command I often forget to write the opening '('. So,
in 9term, I click at the line beginning, add the '(', click at the
line end, hit enter. And I see:

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

although the line looks correct --- when I highlight it and 'send', it works.

Something goes wrong...
Is it just my problem?

Thanks
Ruda