On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Ori Bernstein wrote: > LLVM is written in C++, so you'd need C++ support on plan 9 first. Probably > the easiest way to do that would be to add support for plan 9 binaries to > clang, and cross-compile llvm for plan 9 with itself. > > Yep. I was thinking a cross compile of clang to Plan 9 would be the starting point once LLVM is self-hosting (Is it?) > At least, that's the path I'd take if I was interested in trying. > Likewise. In the meantime it'd be nice to be able to build even just a cross compiler to target Plan 9 :-). Dave > > On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:10:42 -0700, David Leimbach > wrote: > > > I've seen a little bit of information about trying to go to LLVM for > > Inferno, and getting LLVM on Plan 9 natively (feasibility anyway), and I > was > > wondering if there's any official projects chasing this in earnest? > > > > Now that I've got an ARM and an x86 plan 9 instance up, I might have some > > time, but I can tell you compilers are definitely not my specialty :-). > > > > Dave > > > -- > Ori Bernstein > >