* [9fans] just tested sysfromiso tree with sheeva plug
@ 2010-09-23 15:36 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-09-23 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it still works fine. Thanks geoff, good things keep happening in the
arm tree :-)

For 9vx users, I have been hg pulling from the sysfromiso tree
regularly and doing a mk install and it's all working smoothly now. I
try to do this once every other night. I can now reliably build a
complete tree for 9vx and arm using sources source tree. It's quite
fun to see the continuing improvements in ARM as they go in ...

ron

* Re: [9fans] just tested sysfromiso tree with sheeva plug
@ 2010-09-23 15:40 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-09-23 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Sep 23 11:39:01 EDT 2010, rminnich@gmail.com wrote:
> it still works fine. Thanks geoff, good things keep happening in the
> arm tree :-)
>
> For 9vx users, I have been hg pulling from the sysfromiso tree
> regularly and doing a mk install and it's all working smoothly now. I
> try to do this once every other night. I can now reliably build a
> complete tree for 9vx and arm using sources source tree. It's quite
> fun to see the continuing improvements in ARM as they go in ...

could you provide the rest of us who don't know about the
"sysfromio" tree some background on this?  thanks!

- erik

* Re: [9fans] just tested sysfromiso tree with sheeva plug
@ 2010-09-23 16:00   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2010-09-23 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:40 AM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:

> could you provide the rest of us who don't know about the
> "sysfromio" tree some background on this?  thanks!

http://bitbucket.org/rminnich/sysfromiso

it's a periodic snapshot of the plan 9 sources (from the .iso).

ron