* [9fans] TCP port hung up
@ 2010-08-12  1:34 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-08-12  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I halted aquarela(1) with a ^D sequence, and made sure
all processes were gone. ps(1) lists no processes on
the server that could possibly be using port 445 (the
port aquarela listens on for the CIFS service). And yet,
netstat -n showed that TCP port 445 was still in LISTEN
state. Naturally, I ran

echo hangup > /net/tcp/31/ctl

to relinquish the port. Now it's in CLOSED state:

tcp  31   bootes     Closed       445        0          ::

but the port is still unusable (pre-occupied - aquarela(1)
is not able to open it). Short of rebooting the CPU server,
is there some way to regain port 445?

Quite the annoying bug...

Thanks,
ak

* Re: [9fans] TCP port hung up
@ 2010-08-12 12:12 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2010-08-12 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i'm not sure if you really killed all instances of aquarela.  can you
grep -n /net/tcp/31 /proc/*/fd to see who is still using that filedescriptor.

--
cinap

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3786 bytes --]

From: Akshat Kumar <akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] TCP port hung up
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:34:46 -0700

@ 2010-08-12 20:34   ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-08-12 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

term% grep -n /net/tcp/31 /proc/*/fd
term%

quite sure they're all gone.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM,  <cinap_lenrek@gmx.de> wrote:
> i'm not sure if you really killed all instances of aquarela.  can you
> grep -n /net/tcp/31 /proc/*/fd to see who is still using that filedescriptor.
>
> --
> cinap

* Re: [9fans] TCP port hung up
@ 2010-08-12 20:35     ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-08-12 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

oops, I typed that in;
s/term%/cpu%/g

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Akshat Kumar
<akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net> wrote:
> term% grep -n /net/tcp/31 /proc/*/fd
> term%
>
> quite sure they're all gone.
>
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM,  <cinap_lenrek@gmx.de> wrote:
>> i'm not sure if you really killed all instances of aquarela.  can you
>> grep -n /net/tcp/31 /proc/*/fd to see who is still using that filedescriptor.
>>
>> --
>> cinap

* Re: [9fans] TCP port hung up
@ 2010-08-14 19:22     ` Yaroslav
From: Yaroslav @ 2010-08-14 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Closed entries are like to free ones and are reuseable.
To hunt it down, rather try to grep the port number over /net/tcp/*/local...

--
Best regards,
    Yaroslav.