There's APE, the Ansi Posix Environment. On Oct 12, 2010 4:40 AM, "Aleksandar Kuktin" wrote: > On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:45:02 +0000, Bruce Ellis wrote: > >> Very succinct, and better than I could do 'til the coffee kicks in. >> >> You could have pointed out that the entire source tree is smaller than >> the gcc manual. > > WAT!?! > > Ahem.. pardon my manners please, but this caught me completely of guard. > > I learned of Plan 9's existence a few years back, when I was finishing my > Linux from scratch and was out looking if there is a way to get something > even better than a Linux. I've been lurking in this group for quite a > while now, hoping to maybe find some easy way to merry the two systems. > > Speaking of which, is there a way to do the opposite of "Plan 9 in > userspace"? That is, a way to use Unix-specific programs and libraries on > Plan 9? > > Basically, this is what has been holding me back. I would like to switch > to Plan 9, but still have all of my Linux programs and libraries > available. I also dread using any virtualizators, QEMUs, Xens and other > stuff; not because I find them hard to use, but because I don't want to > waste CPU cycles on compatibility layers. > > Is there already an implemented.. POSIX compatibility layer, library, or > something? Hopefully, something that is very, very thin?? > Maybe? >