* [9fans] 8086 Interpreter
@ 2010-09-03 19:21 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2010-09-03 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've recently had the need for a very simple 8086 interpreter,
with which I can do some assembly testing (so it should
allow me to enter the basic opcodes and their operands,
such as MOV AL, 0x21  etc.). I found 8i in contrib/rsc
which seems to have been taken from aki's 8i, but that just
seems like a basic VBE debugging tool - does anyone have
any knowledge as to whether it can be used as an 8086
interpreter somehow? Perhaps it's just a matter of adding
some parsing at the interface for the commands?

dosbox would be nice to have on Plan 9 - any similar projects
around? Any hints as to what would be required in order to
port that thing?

Thanks,
ak