Who are you replying to again? This thread has become total nonsense. Sent from my iPhone On Jun 17, 2011, at 4:03 PM, simon softnet wrote: > I still think your contribution is null and irritating. > First of all, it's too long and it doesn't say anything of essence. > What's all this mumbling about your girlfriend and gamers? > > Thanks for suggesting that I try and use vim in unix. > I am 26 years old now. I have been using vim since I was 17 if I remember correctly, > when, by the way, I was developing exploits for the x86 architecture as a hobby, and > and now I am a post graduate student in Computer Science. > I have never developed anything in windows, and I rarely even do anything in windows, > if that says something to you about my familiarity with the unix console & the keyboard. > > I just happened to stumble upon Acme, and I gave it a try. > After nearly a decade of using vim, I decided to ditch it for Acme (which i have been using for the past month), > because I do think it's better for my purposes. > > If your read Rob Pike's paper on acme, you might find that there is some credibility behind the argument > that mousing is sometimes smoother for programming, than exclusively relying on keyboard shortcuts. > Now quit your frothing at the mouth because you discovered Linux and vim. > > Simon > > > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > Sent from my iPhone > > On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:47 PM, John Floren wrote: > > > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM, David Leimbach wrote: > >> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2657135 > >> Dave > > > > The best part of these kind of threads is how they bring out all the > > people who we've never, ever seen post before--the "been meaning to > > try this Plan 9 thing" brigade, etc. > > > > John > > > > I wrote up the wiki for the plan 9 guruplug port, and I do stuff with it. > > Don't assume that quiet means we aren't using plan 9. It might mean we are too busy to stop and talk. > > If I would have known the religious poop tossing that this link would have caused, I wouldn't have posted it. >