As many already pointed out, the "keyboard vs mouse" debate is, somehow, useless. It's actually the application you use to be made to use the keyboard and mouse in a efficient manner. The most productive applications I used (in general, for the jobs they were intended) were Blender, Labcenter Proteus suite and SolidWorks. Why? because they were really engineered to be efficient with both the mouse and keyboard. Also, the Blender interface is also very flexible so you can have on the "desk" what you need and when you need. They were simply made to give you a feeling that the keyboard and mouse makes a good team. And I can point the worst application I ever had to use to be Cadence Orcad Layout version 9.2/10 (I didn't bothered to use a newer version because the harm was made). This one has long and deep menus, hard to remember shortcuts and simply you couldn't prioritize the interface to have what you need when you needed it. Yes, they were very organized based on some criteria, but my criteria on arranging things is based on frequency of use. And the keyboad and mouse are something that doesn't belong to the same team in this application. My conclusion is that not the keyboard, not the mouse sould be condemned. It's all about how the application/user interface is engineered. Dorin P.S. why nobody says anything about touch-pad? this may be in some cases more efficient than mouse or keyboard. On my laptop I have scrolling arreas, and different tapping combinations to routine tasks with wich I feel so productive that I bought a keyboard with touchpad to my desktop computer :)