hello first time you boot, fossil dumps the whole fs to venti, and that takes a while, and also this can make your system look like hanged, iirc you can see what venti is doing listing the processes with control+t-p iirc if your shell is irresponsive or with ps -a. may be we need to put a message on the first dump to warning the user :? slds. gabi On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Nicolas BERCHER wrote: > On 08/06/2011 23:36, Gabriel Díaz López de la llave wrote: > >> hello >> >> if the system can't boot, what are the symptoms? any error messages? >> can't find the kernel? can't find sd device? >> > Good point. I don't really know what happened but the system started! > Last time I tried, I waited tens of minutes and it really looked... dead > (after dialing venti (ok), and "can't find my ip address"). > I suspected two things that would explain my problems: (1) I couldn't > access to /n/dump and get error messages ('block label mismatch') and (2) I > modified a lot my /lib/ndb/local file to setup my network. So I thought the > system was (1) checking file system consistency or (2) waiting for the auth > server to respond or something like that (I know I speculated a lot here, > but that was my intuition). > > > if you used fossil+venti installation, you need to start venti server >> before fossil. >> > This is done out of the box. > > Nicolas > >