Well, if you people keep throwing bleeding edge software and tech at me, I'm going to keep adding to my to-research list. Keep them coming! Is there a list of next gen/experimental OS's for me to look into? Again, my school is behind so far with everything CS and programming. On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > I'm really starting to love this mailing list--people actually know more > > than I do! Most of what I said was more musing than anything else, but > > breaking the traditional system up into smaller cell like units which are > > networked to make a coherent fascinates me. > > microsoft has a research operating system, singularity, that i believe > may be along the lines you're thinking. > > http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/singularity/ > > - erik > >