* [9fans] how to unlock screenlock?
@ 2011-06-29 19:11 Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2011-06-29 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

I read the man page saying how to unlock the screenshot.  But for sure typing the password
and then enter didn't work for me.  Moreover, it is a little disappointing that nothing
either move or changes on the screen while I'm typing, so I don't even know if my typing
actually works!

So, what's the trick with this screenlock?

Thank you,
Nicolas.

* Re: [9fans] how to unlock screenlock?
@ 2011-06-29 19:33 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2011-06-29 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hitting a return before entering the password will clear any partial
input. if all else fails, you could drawterm in (assuming it is a cpu
console that was locked) and kill screenlock.

-Skip

@ 2011-06-30 14:51 ` Yaroslav
From: Yaroslav @ 2011-06-30 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

check output of
% grep 'proto=p9sk1' /mnt/factotum/ctl

make sure the right key is on top of the list.

--
- Yaroslav

* Re: [9fans] how to unlock screenlock?
@ 2011-06-30 15:10   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-06-30 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Jun 30 10:52:40 EDT 2011, yarikos@gmail.com wrote:
> check output of
> % grep 'proto=p9sk1' /mnt/factotum/ctl
>
> make sure the right key is on top of the list.

that doesn't seem like a reasonable way to select a key.
i don't see anything in factotum(4) that says that the the ctl
file has any particular order.  the man page also says

          All keys can have additional attributes that act either as
          comments or as selectors to distinguish them in the auth(2)
          library calls.

one would think that this would be the proper way to do it.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] how to unlock screenlock?
@ 2011-06-30 18:00     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2011-06-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

you still have to do something when multiple keys
match a particular operation.  factotum uses the first.