* [9fans] recent rebuild of SYSFROMISO on 9vx dead after recent updates
@ 2011-05-19 13:21 EBo
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: EBo @ 2011-05-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9Fans-list

 A major update to my system motivated me to rebuild everything on my
 gentoo box a few days ago.  This started out as a kde-4.6.2 and gcc
 updates, but there was a huge packet of system level stuff that all came
 out at the same time.  I have a timestamped version of 9vx and 9vx-root
 dated from 06/15/2010 of last year that builds fine, but needs various
 updates so I copy over from Eric's SYSFROMISO.  The recompile/install
 runs fine, but 9vx hangs upon restart after posting the "init: starting
 /bin/rc" message, but before starting rio.

 Has anyone seen similar problems on recent builds?

 As a note, this is on a machine running with a AMD Phenom IIx4
 processor on a gentoo box.  Also, I have almost the exact same setup at
 work running on a Core2Duo that runs fine.  Any suggestions would be
 greatly appreciated.

   EBo --