From: Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] [Fwd: road sign]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:05:38 -0500	[thread overview]

On Oct 10, 2005, at 9:49 PM, Chris Collins wrote:

> erik quanstrom was once rumoured to have said:
>
>> apple's mail program has sent some goofy mime headers. Note the
>> "multipart/appledouble". this definately isn't part of the rfcs.
>>

> No, but the RFCs never really covered correct handling of 'forked'
> binary files (such as those found on Macs).

Thankfully, even Apple on OS X has slowly gone away from the blasted
Resource Forks.  Sure, you can still use them (if you're Adobe), but
none of the Cocoa or CoreFoundation APIs go out and encourage to
resource forks any more.

That said, Mail.app does show it's NeXTMail heritage and do some
things that make other people and mail transports a little mad.  But,
at least it doesn't force in line breaks like the other evil empire's
mail program.  I've spent too much time having to talk people through
a URL that gets broken w/ a LF/CR breaking it in two.

jas