From: "Koray Erkan" <koray.erkan@yahoo.com>
To: "Plan 9" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Sam scripting
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:17:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Another Sam question (If enough voices raise objections, I'll try to create the "comp.editor.sam.do-play-it-again"
newsgroup) :

Can Sam be used as a *scripting* engine/server?

Its command language is powerful and just what I need for so many chores in some of my work (software localization), so
I'd be happy to learn that I can write a bunch of command sequences that I can mix with a scripting language (say a
Cygwin bash script, or a Pyhton/Ruby thing under Windows) and then forward them to Sam to batch process some files.

Thanks

-- Koray

P.S. Very pedantic note: The name rhymes with "rhye," not "say." Sorry, but it generally happens that with English
speakers, the spelling first becomes "Korey", then the "e" drops and it becomes "Kory", finally someone - thinking it's
best to avoid creative spelling - turns it into Cory. Nada! Not everything in Latin script is a transliteration of
something into English. In modern Turkish, our 'a' is always as in "car."