On 8-Oct-05, at 6:33 AM, Uriel wrote: > On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 06:19:38AM -0700, Paul Lalonde wrote: > >> Ah - I forgot to mention; ever since my shuttle turned into an >> unresponsive pile of silicon, I've been working in plan9port under OS >> X; patch doesn't exist there :-( >> > Oh, well, that still should let you upload stuff to a sources/contrib > dir using 9p(1) or the python 9p client. Or you can drawterm to a > 9grid > node. > > >> I used to think that too; but I found myself using the longer tag to >> hide less-frequent commands, especially with my debugger. I know I >> can use "Send" to bridge from a guide file, but then I can't also >> chord in a parameter. So, debugging with GDB in particular, I need >> break, display, print, and so on, in my tag if I want to chord >> parameters. Now I keep them tucked on the second line, and find >> myself opening my tag, chording the command, and closing it up, all >> in one "gesture". Incidentally - you can already cut and paste >> newlines into the tag. >> > I agree, but still I'm unsure \n should be accepted in the tag just > making the text flow into the following line when it doesn't fit in > the > current one should be enough... but I can't think of any strong reason > to avoid \n except simplicity as things like dump assume a single > line. > > It would be nice if there was a way to see that there are more lines > than what is visible... not sure how that can be done without an extra > scroll bar, but that I think would be a bad idea. > > But I should try the patch before commenting so much :) > > uriel >