hi, i haven't tried using a pi as an authority server, i have run one as a disk less terminal booting off my file server. i will try this again tonight as i have been meaning to do so, i will report back later... -Steve > On 24 Nov 2016, at 17:48, James A. Robinson wrote: > > Hi folks, > > I can boot a raspberry pi using its local fossil, and I can > mount a remote fileserver using 9fs once it is booted. Next, > I wanted to try and mount the filesystem as the pi's root. > > Based on this > > http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/8/plan9.ini > http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/8/boot > > I tried using the following to mount the root off a 9atom > file server I have running on 10.0.1.200: > > bootargs=tcp!10.0.1.200!564 > > Per the discussion I had with folks here earlier, I've set > the same host owner, password, and secstore on both > machine. I want this raspberry pi to act as an auth > server. I had originally intended for it to be a standalone > auth server, but based on input from folks I want to see > whether or not I can mount the auth server's root from > the fileserver. > > Upon trying to boot the pi prompted for root, selected the > default (tcp) after 5 seconds, and then threw this: > > panic: boot process died: undefined instruction: pc 0x605c > > before rebooting itself. I won't get a chance to dig into it > until later this weekend, but wanted to ask if anyone had > seen this themselves and knew what I was doing wrong. > > > Jim >