From: Matthew Veety <mveety@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Virtual Box 5.1 and Plan 9
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 02:34:45 -0400	[thread overview]

I run 9front in virtualbox, and, while I totally agree that its a
waste of time to test it because they *always* break something in
vbox, you're pretty safe if you stay on the 4.3 series and 5.0 series
(on my end: 4.3 on freebsd is tested and 5.0 on windows is tested). I
know you don't get the latest and greatest features, but it works and
you can get your work done which is more important than features.
If you want to try fixing things, I'm sure the patches would be
accepted, but I don't think you should unless you have *very* good
reasons to because of how terrible virtualbox is.

--
Veety