PS2 development is generally too expensive for the cost model of education games, sadly. On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM, wrote: > > A friend is developing such > > web/tablet based lessons for similar kids in India (India has as big a > > problem of poor ed. as the whole of Africa). > > The BBC reports exceptional success by some NGOs introducing tablets > in rural (central) Africa amongst children. But the price is wrong. > Scrappy, perfectly adequate, if antiquated, computer equipment > discarded in the West and even locally, by urban residents and > organisations, on the other hand, is much more affordable. > Electricity is an issue, but the cost of PV panels and inverters is > dropping. > > Please continue with suggestions, I have a few weeks to get started > and there may well be many ideas I have not considered (MIT Scratch is > one such idea Charles already mentioned) and may make all the > difference. Maybe in private mail? > > Also, I have never seen any educational games for the PS2 (I bought > one a while back as an experiment). I would have thought it would be > something worthwhile, maybe I'm too far from the mainstream to have > come across such games? > > ++L > > >