That seems even more magical, I think. I've been running with Dump's $HOME lookup changed to $PWD for a few days now with nary a glitch. Unless someone tells me otherwise I'll start pushing for a patch :-) Paul On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Charles Forsyth wrote: > > On 13 January 2014 16:42, Paul Lalonde wrote: > >> Can anyone explain to me the rationale of Dump dropping acme.dump in >> $HOME instead of $PWD? > > > alternatively, if started with acme -l dumpfile, why not write it back to > the same file? >