From: Paul Lalonde <paul.a.lalonde@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] VCS on Plan9
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:11:26 -0700	[thread overview]

The Bell Labs approach to source control was, I'm, weak.  It relied on
snapshots of the tree and out-of-band communication.  Don't forget how
small and tight-knit that development team was, and how valuable perfect
historic snapshots were.

Add that 40 years ago source code revision control systems were incredibly
primitive.  The idea of an atomic change set (in Unix land at least) was
revolutionary in the early 90s.

This is one place where 35 years of evolution in software practices has
very much improved.

Paul