The feature direction I'd like when working with Git is for the window of a git-changed file to become un-editable. This would require adding the idea of a un-editable window, which is probably a bad idea. Meanwhile I use the script below to generate X commands to reload changed windows. If I had a little more gumption (and less fear) I'd pipe the last output to make acme execute the Edits. #!/bin/bash cd `git rev-parse --git-dir`/.. git diff --name-only HEAD~ | sed s+^+`pwd`/+ | sort > /tmp/foobar 9p read acme/index | awk '{print $6}' | sort | comm -12 - /tmp/foobar | sed 's+\(.*\)+Edit X=\1=,r+' On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:36 AM Bakul Shah wrote: > What if you watch all tag lines and when a git controlled file is opened > in a window, you the watch file for changes and when it changes put > something in a new window that you can just select and middle click? > > > On Mar 26, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Mathieu Lonjaret < > mathieu.lonjaret@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I work with many git branches, often affecting the same files. And I > > also happen to jump from one to the other quite frequently. There > > could be a problem with my workflow, but let's pretend there isn't. > > > > When one of said files is already open in acme, the win won't > > automatically refresh it and that's ok, I certainly wouldn't want that > > anyway, because I don't always to refresh them all. > > > > However, I find it a bit tedious that I have to write (or paste) > > myself the Get tag for each of the wins I want to refresh. To the > > point that I'm thinking of hardcoding the Get tag as one of the > > "permanent" tags for a win. > > > > Before I do that, does anyone have a better solution to suggest? The > > best would be that the Get tag gets automatically added to the tag bar > > whenever the files are changed (by git checkout, or other). > > > > p9p acme btw. > > > > Thanks, > > Mathieu > > > >